Interesting places and objects in the Carpathians
Ukraine is known all over the world for its charming nature, picturesque places, high mountains, noisy waterfalls, ancient palaces and castles. The most popular for tourists are usually the majestic Carpathians. They are very diverse with many interesting places that are sure to please tourists. Among them are, for example, the following:
- Lake Synevir. In the mountain range of Gorgan at an altitude of almost 1000 meters is the seventh wonder of Ukraine – the largest lake in the Carpathian Mountains Synevyr. It is located in the protected area of the National Nature Park. It is about 10,000 years old, covers an area of 5 hectares and reaches a depth of 24 meters. The water here is clean and cool all year round, and its favorite inhabitant is trout, which lives only in the cleanest environment.
- Palanok Castle. This historic castle is located in Mukachevo, Transcarpathia. A 60-meter mountain of volcanic origin, a peak with terraces that form a cascade with a height difference of 25 meters allowed to build a unique system of fortifications with three defensive courtyards with walls, towers and bastions. Mukachevo Castle has never been captured in its history, and the most heroic defense of the castle was led by a woman – Princess Ilona Zrini, who kept it for three years due to the siege of Austrian troops. A monument to the princess and Prince Fyodor Koryatovich, who ruled the country at the end of the 14th century, was built on one of the bastions.
- Manyavsky hermitage and waterfall. The village of Manyava is located in the picturesque place of Prykarpattia. Here is the Manyavsky monastery – a defensive monastery, founded in the seventeenth century by Prince Job Knyagynytsky. Ancient walls, a bell tower, cells and dungeons have been preserved on its territory. The Church of Boris and Gleb has been rebuilt here, and the Blessed Stone Rock and the healing spring are nearby. A few kilometers from the village in a canyon-like gorge in the woods is one of the highest waterfalls in the Carpathians – Manyavsky. Its height is about 20 meters. At the foot of the waterfall you can safely swim and be filled with energy and vitality.
- Montenegro. This is one of the highest mountains in the Carpathians, which stretches for 40 kilometers and is a watershed between the rivers Prut and Tisza. Its largest mountain Hoverla, 2061 meters high, is the highest peak of the Ukrainian Carpathians. There are several memorials here. Further along the ridge to the southeast there are various mountains with a height of 1800 to 2032 meters. And it ends with Mount Pip Ivan (or Black Mountain) with a height of 2028 meters, on which stands a castle-like astronomical and meteorological observatory.
- Tustan. It is an unique historical and landscape complex, which has no analogues in Europe. During the IX-XVI centuries there was a rock fortress-customs Tustan. To this day, however, preserved only carved into the rocks grooves, numerous solar signs and mysterious symbols on the stone. For many years in a row, the festival of medieval culture “Tu stan!” Has been held here, where it is fashionable to see knightly battles, laser shows, take part in the night assault on the fortress, visit interesting excursions, entertainment and workshops.
The Carpathians are little-known places
In the Carpathians, too, there are many little-known, but no less interesting and exciting places. Among which it should be noted:
- The valley of daffodils. It is located in the Kiresh tract near the town of Khust in Transcarpathia. This is the world’s largest natural massif of narcissus. This flower is a very rare plant and is listed in the Red Book. The uniqueness of the valley is that it is located on a plain, not in the mountains, at a height of 180 meters above sea level, which is unusual for this flower.
- Pysanka Museum in Kolomyia. This is the only museum of Easter egg art in the world. The building has a unique shape in the form of a 13-meter Easter egg. This two-storey building houses a large collection of Easter eggs from all over Ukraine, as well as from Europe, America, China and Egypt.
- Arched viaduct in Vorokhta. It is a stone railway bridge over the Prut River, built in Austria-Hungary. Its length is over 130 meters, the width of the central arch – 25 meters. Currently, you can admire this architectural masterpiece and walk on it, because trains have not been there for a long time.
- Schönborn Park. This park of the ancient Schönborn Castle originated in the early eighteenth century. Here you can see well-groomed alleys, a beautiful lake, twelve bridges that symbolize the signs of the zodiac, as well as a calendar of druids and a working water mill. The entrance gate of the park symbolizes the border between Austria-Hungary and modern Ukraine.
Quiet places in the Carpathians
The Carpathians are very diverse in their natural conditions and tourist infrastructure. Of course, first of all you want to relax from the hustle and bustle of the city, breathe fresh and clean mountain air, admire the beautiful nature and get healthy.
In this case, the TAOR Karpaty Resort & Spa **** hotel near Skhidnytsia will come in handy. Here for visitors all conditions for high-quality quiet rest and improvement are created. The hotel staff has developed a special program “Disconnect”, which can be used if desired, and a personal manager will help you immerse yourself in a whole new world filled with interesting discoveries, emotions and impressions.
The program includes various sections, including: “Discover something new” with a culinary master class from the chef and art therapy, “Get closer to nature!” with a walk in the mountains with a guide, a night in a tent, contemplation of the starry sky through a telescope, a romantic evening by the fire, “Restore your inner harmony!” with morning yoga, individual program of recovery and relaxation from the specialists of the Medical-SPA center, dietary food, Carpathian bath and tub, apitherapy, salt cave.
All this will be provided by the qualified staff of the hotel TAOR Karpaty Resort & Spa ****, and an unforgettable holiday will give a feeling of lightness and vitality, bring peace and joy into your life.