In such a difficult time, it is very important for parents to choose the right approach to the child and help to survive this period. After all, children are very sensitive to various events, they experience the same as adults, and understand everything. They need support and advice, they need hugs and love.
- Don’t forget to communicate with your child. Talk about everything and try to get the child to tell you about everything: their feelings, their thoughts and views, their experiences. Talk about what’s going on. Don’t be fooled. They must trust you!
- Teach your teenager all the necessary things: where to look for verified information, how to save yourself and your loved ones, how to act in certain situations.
- Demonstrate reliability and confidence. The child should feel that you will protect and not offend her. The army is strong and we will win!
- Play a variety of games with your child and do soothing exercises to help your child cope with stress. You can sculpt from plasticine, outline a circle of security around yourself, tear paper into small pieces, imagine and dream a lot. A very cool game is called “Breathe in the cloud”, which calms the child very well. You need to imagine that you inhale a cloud and exhale with a sound, you can with a thunderstorm or lightning, stomping your feet… Also, you need to draw a lot, play board games, play words… And most importantly, in all games you need to participate parents with children. That they feel supported and resisted.
How to help a child survive the stress of war?
Due to the war, children may have panic attacks. How to deal with them? Here are some exercises to choose from:
- Place your hand on your stomach, about three fingers below the solar plexus, and tap it
- Do not put too much pressure on the eyeballs on both sides to relax the eyes a little
- Rub the tip of your nose
- Focus the child’s attention on breathing. Fold one hand like a shuttle and cover your lips with it, put the other hand on your stomach. When the child exhales, the hand should go down to the chest, and when inhaling – rise to the mouth.
- Don’t forget to lubricate your lips and rinse your mouth
- If a child develops panic attacks, rub the body, hands and apply them to the kidneys or rub the point between the index finger and little finger.
- Try to extend the tip of the tongue as far as possible
Hug the child, give him warm drinks, do routine things together, explain the importance of being collected and helping each other.
The effect of stress on the child’s body
Stress is a certain reaction of the body to stimuli provoked by a certain situation. It has a negative effect on the human body, takes away all energy and deprives of inspiration and motivation for anything.
Studies show that stress has the most negative effect on children under 10 years of age. That is why parents need to notice the manifestations of stress in time and help to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Children respond differently to stress depending on self-management skills and individual qualities. Some children may immediately say that they are worried, while others will be silent like guerrillas.
There may be disorders and changes in the child’s body such as hypertension, cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, headaches and migraines, respiratory diseases, ulcers, respiratory problems.
Rehabilitation of child stress
Spend more time with your child, talk and hug. Give her support, protection and distraction.
The best solution for rehabilitation is to go to a child psychologist. Remember that a child is a very big world that is not so easy for parents to know. They are different! That is why a psychologist will choose the right keys and help restore happiness in the eyes of your children.